Wednesday 8 March 2017

Colour Separation - BAIS300

In today's workshop we were introduced to the process of colour separation, which allowed us to create block colour images, ready for processes such as: screen printing, lithograph, risograph etc. First I sketched some objects that I would use for my design:

I chose to stick with the woodland theme, so that it relates to my monster.
Then I began colouring the image in, using the limited colour palette (top left).

Then separating the different colours into layers, which allow for different colour combinations.





Overall I found the process very interesting and useful. I did find the precision of the colouring in a little tricky without a graphics tablet, but I managed to get by and make the most of learning the process and technique. I decided to keep my original outline due to the fact that I couldn't achieve great detail by just using my touch pad. I also moved some of the layers to offset them, which gave the finished product a more organic look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment