Wednesday 1 February 2017

Experience Reflection - Interior Design - BAIS300

What was the experience/workshop/session?
For my first interdisciplinary experience workshop, I took part in a short workshop which introduced me to the basics of interior design.

The first session was spent discussing photoshoots and what equipment is required. We were then put into groups and were left to work out what we wanted to create for a photoshoot. The following week was a test run, and then the final shoot was the week after that.

Group mood-board (click to enlarge)

How do you feel about the process?
If I was completely honest I was a little disappointed with the whole experience. Firstly I had signed up to learn about interior design, however when it came to planning for the photoshoot, the tutor said that it didn't have to be of an interior - which I thought was quite pointless. Because of this I found like everyone wanted to do different things, so when it came to working in groups, it was hard to settle on a group idea. This perhaps limited how successful we all were, as if we were set limitations to create something within interior design (as expected), then I think time could have been spent just concentrating in that field, rather than considering other options.

Furthermore, I feel like we were left to our own devices, rather than being taught some new skills - which was a bit disheartening when I had expectations to learn something new.

How will you apply this in the future?
Although I didn't learn many new skills, I did build on my team work and basic photoshoot skills, which would come in handy in many different situations.

What would you like to build on?
I would have liked to learn more about photoshoots specific to interior design. Also to work with natural lighting, rather than studio lights.

How could this relate to Gods & Monsters?
I could create a photoshoot using a model/image of my monster in the real world.

Sadly I wasn't able to attend the last session due to illness, but below is what my group created:





No comments:

Post a Comment