Monday 27 February 2017

My Skills & Development - BAIL104

The following are 20 specific skills that I will need in the future in order to succeed in Illustration:

1- Confidence
2- A strong personal illustrative style
3- Reply quickly to emails/enquiries
4- Motivation
5- Confidence talking in front of large groups of people/giving presentations
6- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently
7- An understanding of printing, i.e when sending work off
8- Other creative skills e.g ceramics
9- Professional communication, e.g emails, telephone calls, letters
10- Able to work quickly and efficiently to deadlines
11- Able to draw autonomy
12- Able to draw animals without heavy reliance on photos
13- Understanding of effective colour use e.g colour theory
14- Eye for composition
15- Ability to freehand typography in different styles
16- Can use watercolour properly
17- Professional branding of my business e.g business cards, website...
18- Ability to create accurate observational drawings
19- Confidence using Photoshop and a digital tablet
20- Organised

Skills I have now: 4, 6, 10, 13, 14, 18, 20
Skills that I need to develop: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 19 (A lot of these I know the basics, but would like to develop more).

Skills Development:
- A strong personal illustrative style - this will develop overtime as I get experience using different processes, materials and techniques.
- Other creative styles e.g ceramics - I could develop this through my interdisciplinary studies, as well as getting an induction/take part in a class in my spare time.
- Able to draw autonomy - practise in life drawing sessions, and experience observing people in public.
- An understanding of printing - research, experience on my degree, and in workshops.
- Confidence using Photoshop and a digital tablet - experience during digital sessions, practise using the tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment