Thursday 2 March 2017

Challenges - BAIL104

In order to reach my future illustrative goals, I will need to:
1) Continue to develop my core illustration skills, i.e observational drawing & digital processes.
2) Get comfortable and confident with traveling, as I may be required to attend meetings with clients in places such as London.
3) Gain the ability to be able to draw people, in order to broaden my field & make myself more attractive for commissions.
4) Get better at producing quick sketches in order to present my initial ideas effectively without being too precious over them.
5) To develop a strong personal style for my work, so that I stand out from the rest & make myself employable.

How I plan to overcome these challenges:
1) Continue to develop and try out new processes and techniques during my degree.
2) Take part in smaller group trips, and slowly build up my confidence.
3) Practise, practise, practise. Make the most of life drawing sessions in order to get familiar with autonomy.
4) Again, practise and experience of this will allow me to create sketches with more accuracy and confidence.
5) This will come with experience with different techniques that I will work with on my degree. Eventually I hope to find a style that I enjoy working in, and something that brings something new to the illustration world.

A lot of my other weaknesses should improve over time, as I push myself to step outside my comfort zone, and to become more confident in my work and myself. I should be able to achieve my goals with the support from my peers, friends & family, as well as constructive feedback from my tutors and clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment