Tuesday 17 January 2017

Inspirational Artist Finds - BAIL102

After being set our 'stage 2' brief for our BAIL102 project, I decided to look for some artist inspiration. I turned to the AOI website to source some potential artists to look into:


What attracted me to her work is her use of ink and watercolour textures that she combines with flat colours. I think it is a very effective way to add dimension to any piece of work & evokes imagination when thinking about textures. I think her characters are really cute too!


I really like Duddington's work as I love how he creates little scenes using found pieces of paper and card. Although these are often simple shapes, I love the addition of organic texture which bring the whole piece to life.


Although perhaps not suitable for this project, I chose Amy Dover's work to include on here so I could always reference her in a future project. I love her imagination and attention to detail which make all of her images seem entirely believable. 



I love his use of muted colours, vintage photos and random shapes which all work harmoniously when combined together. Also his use of negative space is very effective. 



I love her cute little characters and use of colour, which make her illustrations very charming.


Salty Rose / Cynthia Tedy (https://cynthiatedy.tumblr.com/)
I absolutely love the limited colour palette paired with the simplistic, yet modern illustrations which give the images a unique look.


Anna Steinburg (http://annasteinberg.co.uk/)
Her incredibly minimalistic ink strokes provide playgrounds for her characters. I love how something so simplistic can be so effective. 

The thing that I like the most about this illustration is how you and still see the pencil stokes in the penguins. This for me makes the image so much more light-hearted and interesting just because of this subtle texture.


Beatrice Cerocchi (http://beatricecerocchi.com/)
I am really drawn to her harmonious colour palette and stylised characters. I also like her use of texture which fills up the negative space in an interesting, yet effective way. 


I really love Stewart's muted tones in her illustrations, and small additions of soft colours, which add a subtle focus to the image without over-powering the balance of the whole image. 

Other images that provided inspiration for my project can be found on my Pinterest boardhttps://uk.pinterest.com/Helena135/editorial-illustration-bail102/


No comments:

Post a Comment