Sunday 5 March 2017

Networking - BAIL104

Social networking is essential to becoming a successful illustrator. Throughout my research process, I have discovered the importance of tools such as certain social media platforms, which can really boost your client base and helps to get your work noticed by large audiences.

In the future I plan to use websites such as Instagram and Behance, as well as having my own website/shop, in order to promote my work and to gain a following. I think that this helps you to also connect yourself to other creative-minded people, and ultimately involves you in a wide creative network. Also by attending events such as illustration fairs or craft events, can also add to the number of connections that you have with other people. Furthermore, the contacts that you gain over time will ultimately help you to gain more work, as people will give recommendations to potential clients who are looking for a certain style of work to commission.

Ultimately I think that you have to be active on multiple social media platforms, meet new people, promote your work, and to remain professional and approachable to clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment