Friday 19 May 2017

Book Cover Inspiration - BAIL103


A) I love the texture in this design, as it stops the image from looking too flat. It also adds interest and atmosphere to the design.
B) I like how the illustrator has allowed for the typography and image to interact with each other, which allows the two to exist as one, rather than two separate objects on the page.
C) A great example of how physical objects can be used to create typography in a way that it also creates the image that represents the book.
D) I love how simplistic and beautiful this book cover is. The simple ink/watercolour textures work really well at creating an interesting yet simple background design.
E) This cover demonstrates how a key symbol of the book can be used as a silhouette, in which a more detailed image is shown behind. I also love the clever placement of the sun, which serves two purposes.
F) Although quite simplistic, the design gives the impression of loneliness and the sense of space. This shows how negative space can be used to create an impact.
G) This book cover highlights how text and image can link together to create a really effective image. Also the use of light and dark contrasts show how you can lead the eye to a particular feature.
H) This cover demonstrates the effectiveness of juxtaposition, which really fills the image with meaning and symbolism.
I) I love how simple this cover is, and how the text itself becomes the object (the shark). The careful placement and consideration of shape and colour add emphasis to the focal point of the book.

Here is a link to my Pinterest board which has helped me with my research and ideas development - *click here*

No comments:

Post a Comment