Thursday 18 May 2017

Group Crit Feedback & Reflection - BAIL103


After presenting my initial ideas and thought paths for my project, I have now a more focused plan on what I want to pursue further.

My peers liked the direction that I was taking things, i.e combining/contrasting electrical and digital imagery with natural and organic forms. Some suggested to look at instruction manuals or medical illustration to see how they lay objects out on the page - this may give my design a more futuristic or electronic feel. Also with the element of contrast that I'm trying to achieve, people suggested combining and mixing different styles, which perhaps would give the effect of the two worlds 'colliding'.

The main discussion of the group tutorial was that I should develop the idea of 'glitch art' further, as I could create loads of exciting imagery from it. I could also try to create depth in my image making by experimenting with layers and different textures, which should make my images stand out. During this process I should also try to develop some typography which would compliment my images on the page.

The designs that I get from these processes should then be placed on the book template, ready for next week's group session.

No comments:

Post a Comment