Saturday 22 December 2018

William Collins - BAIL301

Image result for william collins books

I've decided to further my industry research and look into the publisher William Collins as its the publisher of the book that I'm designing: Life on Earth.

William Collins was founded in 1819 and merged with Harper & Row in 1990; forming HarperCollins publishing. In 2013 it was announced that William Collins would become its own imprint of HarperPress, publishing a range of non-fiction books, including names of Brian Cox and David Attenborough; focusing on subjects of science, history, art, politics, natural history, religion and current affairs. 

I tried to find some inspirational book covers published by William Collins that could possibly inspire my book design development. However, like the majority of the non-fiction book market, the covers are very factual, photographic and generally plain. Below are the only two covers I particularly liked:

Image result for Eureka! An Infographic Guide to ScienceRelated image

I hope that my book cover design can offer something new to the non-fiction book world, creating a cover that is more visually compelling and aesthetically pleasing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment